The ThinkFun Compose Yourself will jumpstart your little aspiring musician’s career!
Make your child’s dream come true by letting them write their very own music with the ThinkFun Compose Yourself! This set was masterfully created by the composer and cellist, Maestro Philip Sheppard and requires no prerequisite in writing music or even any knowledge in playing an instrument. In just a few minutes, your future musician easily can create their own melody by arranging the included cards in a visual pattern. After the fun task, your child can enter the codes into the ThinkFun Games music-making software at to hear their composition played by a Full Symphony Orchestra at Abbey Roads Studios! The fun doesn’t stop there because composing with the ThinkFun Compose Yourself is unlimited. Your little music-lover can flip, rotate, rearrange and even add more cards to the set to create more original masterpieces to over 200 million musical combinations!
Using Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths or STEM, ThinkFun helps children learn how to love and know the importance of science in a simple and engaging way by relating it to their interests, letting them follow the procedures and utilise the materials provided.
- The ThinkFun Compose Yourself includes:
- 60 Transparent Music Cards (Treble Clef with 3 Kinds of Notes)
- 1 Composer Code Card
- Online Tools and Resources
- 1 Travel Bag
- Instructions (with Composing Tips)
- Each of the included music cards comes with a series of notes can be arranged to form 2 billion+ musical combinations.
- Select and arrange your chosen cards, then register on the Compose Yourself website to listen to your compositions played by the percussionist Evelyn Glennie accompanied by a full Symphony orchestra (website is accessible on computers and tablets).
- Want to change something in the composition? Fret not! The website allows the composer to clip, rotate and swap cards to change the melody until it’s perfect.
- Helps children learn science using the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) concept.
- Created by Maestro Philip Sheppard.
- Suitable for ages 6 years and up.
Encourage your child to unleash their musical creativity with the endless possibilities and activities brought by the ThinkFun Compose Yourself!